National Guard Deployment + Loss of Snoop Dogg + Thorns Parking Hike
Hello people of Gresham! It’s me again, Colin Miner, your Gresham Daily host.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A brief shower or two. Top: 48 Bottom: 42.
Here are today’s top stories at Gresham:
- District downplaying pandemic severity, nurses charged (fix)
- Portland Rib Joint owner Snoop Dogg’s uncle dies (patch)
- Oregon National Guard COVID-10 Hospital Deployment Begins Tuesday (Patch)
- Local publisher honors Betty White on what would have been her 100th birthday (Patch)
- Parking For Timbers, Thorns Games Could Be More Than Doubled (Patch)
- Weekday Events in the Gresham Region: See What’s Going On (Gresham Patch)
- Gresham Area Pets in Need of Homes: Meet Fonzie, Griz, Hope and More (Gresham Patch)
- Jobs in the Gresham area: find out the latest (Gresham patch)
- Gresham’s Luke Winters joins Team USA for the Winter Olympics (Pamplin Media Group)
Today in Gresham:
- Business and Executive Luncheon – Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center (11:30 a.m.)
- Open House – Advanced Learning Center (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Town of Gresham – Government: “This MLK Day, we recommit to our goal of racial justice and a more equitable and inclusive community. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – City Hall is Closed” (Facebook)
- Town of Gresham: “This MLK Day, we recommit to our goal of racial justice and a more equitable and inclusive community. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – City Hall is Closed” (Instagram)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Centre-Nord: “My cat kai is still missing, please let me know if you have seen him anywhere near Gresham St 660 SE 217th AV – My number is +15032095234” (Nextdoor)
Do you like the Gresham Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday on the right foot. See you soon!
— Colin Miner
About me: I’ve been with Patch for nearly 6 years after a career that spanned The New York Times, The Oregonian, The Washington Post, as well as KATU, KOIN, and KGW. For the past three years, I’ve served as Patch’s Head of News and Content Partnerships as well as National Editor.
Comments are closed.